May 9, 2012

A starter

Nglanggeran, 11 August 2011, the day after Ied Mubaroq


The very first experience, trekking all the way up to the peak of the ancient volcano. It was all thanks to my dear brother who asked me to go with him (the real timekiller). As a newbie I was definitely not going to miss the chance right? So, early in the morning I had prepared everything necessary and was ready to go!



An hour motorcycle ride through a long and winding road from my home in Jogja, we got to the starting point on Dusun Patuk. The weather was fine though it was a little bit cold there. There's a camping area and also a rock climbing area for those who interested in rock climbing. After paying the entrance fee for trekking (less than 10K for both of us if I'm not mistaken) we finally started our way up. The ranger told us that it took around 45 minutes to reach the peak. But as a newbie I took another 20 minutes for breaks along the way.

From the peak

It was a tiring trek, I had to admit, sometimes my brother even had to push me from behind to keep me walking -_- (my bad). We saw monkeys and a squirrel(maybe), climbed wooden ladders, got some scratches, slipped on our way down and almost fell too many times. But every efforts were paid back, totally loving the trek and the view of the highlands.
out of breath

I was told that it was even more beautiful during sunrise/sunset. Well, gotta try it myself one day.



1 comment: